Monday, June 1, 2015

Good reports

People, it has been a great day all around.

Within about 1 hour, I received all sorts of news that could easily make a person jump right out of her seat and pump some fists in an OB/GYN waiting room. (I cannot tell you whether or not this actually happened.)

First of all, we got an email from the US Department of State reporting a lot of good things. The suspension is not over, but DRC is reviewing the files of those who submitted/are submitting their dossiers and have their names and info on a list of people with completed adoption judgments (this includes us). DOS said, specifically, that "DRC announced a decision to resolve all pending adoption cases that have been barred from travel due to the exit-permit suspension...Those with cases approved by the Commission, and who have a valid visa, will be able to apply for an exit permit, and if necessary, a Congolese passport." It went on to explain a few other pieces of info that helped is understand how other cases would be handled, but I was not focused on those parts of the email. Essentially, the kids are coming home!! (Officially, because DOS says so.)

Secondly, literally 19 minutes after receiving the above-mentioned email (and while still in the OB/GYN office---glucose test day, you know), I got another good one regarding our specific case.

As you know, we have been waiting on a final document from DRC to be corrected before we could send Brad overseas to file our I-600 paperwork. I emailed our agency this morning and asked about optimistically requesting an appointment at the Embassy in Kinshasa about two weeks from now, as that's the best time for Brad to be gone, considering his work schedule. Our agency rep wrote back, saying she thought it would be wise to make sure we had the documents in hand before scheduling an appointment, in order to (hopefully) avoid the headache of having a missing document and dealing with delays related to that. It was a disappointing email, but I totally understood her point about being cautious and patient. (Clearly, some things in DRC take WAY longer than you'd ever imagine.) While in the waiting room, I emailed her to ask how long it usually took to get an appointment. She wrote back while I was still reveling in the excitement of the DOS email, saying that our documents were done and we could request an appointment. I texted Brad immediately, and he said he would make any appointment work with his schedule (not really an easy thing to manage when he already has a trip planned for a week in June). 

So now we have all documents corrected and are awaiting a response from the Embassy regarding his appointment date and time. We hope our paperwork and investigation will be processed quickly (and we have high hopes that it will be, as we also learned today that the US is sending extra help to DRC to process the paper owner quickly and help get kids home faster). 

Within an hour today, we moved about five steps closer to getting our C home from DRC, and I learned from my OB/GYN that our other Baby Girl is doing just fine and won't be joining us any time really soon, despite my recent trip to L&D. We are completely okay with waiting a bit longer for her homecoming. 

I stand completely in awe of God's perfect plans and perfect timing, even when all appears to be lost. I think it's about to get a bit crazy up in here, but we really wouldn't have it any other way. He has taught us to enjoy the crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment